JUNE 7-8 2014- CHEESE! CHEESE! & MORE CHEESE PLEASE!
Pasta Tavola is happy to be partnering with Fifth Town Artisan Cheese Company during the Great Canadian Cheese Festival! The Pasta Ladies will be serving up an assortment of our authentic fresh pasta and ravioli along with some fabulous, cheesy sauces. Check out our “Recipes from the Pasta Table” link for more delicious recipes using local products!
Creamy Fifth Town Chevre Rosé Sauce
Goat cheese adds a nice richness and tang to a classic tomato sauce. Whether plain or herbed, this Fifth Town and Pasta Tavola combination will turn any “classico” into “magnifico”!
- 1 package (500 ml) of Pasta Tavola Classico Tomato or Spicy Arrabbiata Sauce
- 3 heaping tablespoons of Fifth Town Bagel Chevre
- 1 Package (500g) of Pasta Tavola Artisanal Ravioli or 4 servings (600g) of Pasta Tavola fresh pasta
- In a sauce pan, heat Pasta Tavola sauce until warm. Add Chevre, stirring continuously until incorporated and smooth. HEAT ON LOW.
- In a large pot of salted boiling water, add Pasta Tavola ravioli or fresh pasta and cook according to package instructions.
- Add to sauce and enjoy!!!
For added flavour, try incorporating fresh herbs or vegetables such as green peas or peppers into the sauce. Simply add to a warming sauce.
Did you know? Chevre is a healthy alternative to whole cream with only 20% milk fat content. It is also a great thickener for sauces and soups!