Pasta Tavola is Growing!
Pasta Tavola manufactures and retails high quality fresh food products which are wholesaled throughout Eastern Ontario to the specialty food, grocery and natural food markets as well as to the food service industry. Pasta Tavola also retails fresh pasta and food products out of its outlet located in Belleville, Ontario.
Pasta Tavola is growing and we are seeking highly motivated and dedicated food processing employees who have a passion for great tasting food and thrive in a fast-paced, team-oriented environment.
As part of the team, Pasta Tavola offers:
- Flexible schedules
- Competitive wages
- Employee Perks and Incentives
- Comprehensive Hands-On Skills and Safety Training
- Advancement opportunities
- A positive work environment
About the Position:
The Food Processor is responsible for the hands-on production of the food products created at Pasta Tavola. The majority of time will be spent executing recipes according to Pasta Tavola’s quality and safety standards. Other time will be devoted to delivering exceptional customer service to customers in the shop and over the phone.
General Duties & Responsibilities:
- Responsible for the safe operation of kitchen equipment in the production of pastas, sauces, oven-ready trays and other foods according to Pasta Tavola recipes and quality assurance standards.
- Responsible for experimenting and collaborating on new food items to be sold in-store & wholesale
- Clean and sanitize personal work areas and kitchen equipment to maintain a neat food production area.
- Greeting customers in-store, providing guidance in meal choices and executing transactions on a computerized Point of Sales (POS) system.
- Provides support as needed to other areas of Pasta Tavola.
- Ability to work in a team environment to efficiently meet both immediate and long-term production goals.
- Ability to follow safety and operating guidelines for specialized food equipment.
- Ability to follow and execute recipes according to Pasta Tavola guidelines.
- Strong organizational and decision-making skills.
- Strong time-management skills and the ability to prioritize tasks.
- Strong interpersonal skills.
- Ability to work most weekends and at special events outside of standard work hours are a MUST.
- Candidate MUST have transportation to work-site.
- Culinary experience is not required but basic food preparation knowledge is necessary.
- Food safety/handling certificate an asset.
- A passion for food and an interest in the food production industry.
- A desire to learn.
- Food Processing & retail setting
Work Conditions & Physical Capabilities:
- Manual dexterity
- Hand-eye coordination.
- Standing for extended periods.
- Ability to multitask in a fast-paced environment.
- Ability to work in a team-based environment with minimal supervision.
- Attention to detail.
- Ability to read, write and carryout basic math skills.
- Strong verbal communication skills
- Weight Handling: Up to 23 kg (50 lbs)
Hours of Work:
This is a contract position with a possible extension or permanent placement. Hours of work fluctuate according to customer and employer requirements.
Additional Conditions of Employment:
Employees will be expected to complete a company interview, WHMIS training and/or safe food handling course, along with an extensive 3 month training period. Employees will also be expected to attend mandatory monthly staff meetings and meet the expectations outlined in Pasta Tavola’s employee handbook, its policies and procedures.
If the above position interests you and you have the qualifications we are looking for, please drop-off your resume during retail hours at our a retail location at 109 N. Front Street in Belleville. (On the corner of North Front Street and Evans, across from Metro and Remax). E-mails will not be accepted.